OBX Multihull Sail Fest Sept. 9 & 10, 2023
OBX Multihull Sail Fest
Saturday & Sunday, September 9 & 10, 2023
Southern Shores North Marina,
177 South Dogwood Trail
NOR & Sailing Instructions to follow
- Hobie 16
- Weta 4.4 Trimaran
- Open Catamaran Spinnaker
- Open Catamaran
- Min 3 boats to constitute a class
- Two days of buoy racing in the Currituck Sound.
- All races are weather dependent and will be changed to fit conditions.
- Courses- class starts, multiple races, PRO to set courses
- Each day’s race will begin at 11am. Unless RC changes due to weather
- Course races – Starts by class, 5 minute intervals
- 3-5 races, weather dependent for course race day
- Rules: Racing Rules of Sailing 2021-2024
- Class awards will be done for classes of 3 or more. Race Director has right to change course based on conditions or create a separate course for different classes of boats to finish within a reasonable similar time.
- Volunteers- please contact us to volunteer for registration, race committee and/or safety boats
- Prizes awarded per class placement 1-3
- A waiver must be signed, and you are responsible for your own safety.
- There will be a safety boat available, just in case
- A USCG or equivalent PFD must be worn at all times
- VHF radio monitoring channel 7 or a mobile phone must always be on board
- GPS units are permitted, and the entire race is in protected waters!
- COVID Rules apply- If Applicable- mask, social distancing and are based on state guidelines at the time.
- Entry Fees are $55 for single handed and $75 for double handed
- Payment Portal by credit card on entry form (see button)
Race Director: Hardy Peters, East Coast Sailboats, 252-489-3491 or email@example.com
Housing – Air B&B, Hotel, camp ground, home rental, friends couch. Limited Camping/RV at our warehouse in Point Harbor, NC.
Sailing Instructions- TBD